Trump again shares map depicting Strait of Hormuz as US territory; Iran rejects claim
Iran says the waterway remains closed until Washington changes its behaviour and warns countries against joining US sanctions.

Washington / Tehran1 min read
Last updated
US President Donald Trump has again shared an image showing the Strait of Hormuz labelled as US territory. Iran dismissed the claim and restated that the strategic waterway stays closed until the United States alters its approach.
Trump first floated the idea of declaring the strait American territory in mid-August. He shared the map on Saturday for the second time. Iranian officials called the assertion detached from reality.
Iranian official Mohsen Rezai warned that countries joining US economic pressure measures will be treated as enemies. He said Tehran could target American oil and economic companies in response.
The strait remains a critical chokepoint for global oil shipments. Iran has restricted transit in recent weeks amid escalating tensions with the United States.
Iraq has been among the countries most affected by the restrictions. Iran has granted limited permission for some Iraqi oil tankers to pass.
The exchange adds another layer to an already fraught confrontation that has included sanctions, military posturing and competing claims over the waterway. Neither side has shown signs of de-escalation in the immediate term.
Markets continue to watch the situation for any disruption to energy flows. The volume of oil that normally transits the strait makes even temporary restrictions material for prices and supply security.

Continue reading
- News
Gujarat hooch tragedy death toll rises to 13; 13 arrests so far
Almanaque Digital DeskBhavnagar, Gujarat
- News
Myanmar military airstrike on monastery kills 14 civilians during meditation retreat
Almanaque Digital DeskMyanmar
- News
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as fatal victim in school sword attack
Almanaque Digital Desk
